Sunday, January 23, 2011

Out of The Mouths of Babes

Yesterday Mason was hugging Avery and he said, "Avery, you are my best friend, you know that?" I don't have to say how this made me feel as their mom.

We took Alley to get fixed and Mason was so worried that we wouldn't be getting her back. We had talked about it pretty extensively, but I think that he was still nervous. We had to stop by the grocery store to get a few things on our way to pick her up. Mason looked at a lady behind us in the line and said, "You can't have our Alley!" I explained to the confused lady and the scared little boy the situation.

Mason had some gas tonight. "Mason, you have the tooties tonight, does your tummy hurt?" Mason says, "I have the tooties and the coughies." He also has a cough.
Avery has been keeping her food in her mouth and I am at a loss at what to do about this. So, we were eating lunch and I told Avery that if she didn't eat her food I was going to spank her. Mason looked at me and said, "Mommy, it hurts my feelings when you are mean to Avery." This reminds me so much a of a story that I have heard Carol tell. When Todd was a small boy his Grandpa Dan had told Dana that she was going to get a spanking for something and Todd said, "Grandpa, don't be cruel."
Ahhh out of the mouths of babes.

No comments:

Post a Comment