Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Last 6 Weeks of Our Summer

July and August were busy with the new addition to our family and trying to figure out what our "normal" was.  I continued to have help which came in the form of a 40 hour a week nanny, Mollie, and a housekeeper, Pati.  With the help of these women we never skipped a beat.  Mollie and I would swap taking Mason and Avery to their scheduled day activity.  Monday was zoo day, Tuesday was the park, Wednesday was the movies, Thursday was swimming, and Friday was whatever the kids picked.  The other person would spend the mornings picking up, cooking, doing errands, laundry, and loving our new baby.  Because I was fortunate to have help I was able to take Cole all night and allow Todd to sleep so that he could continue working without the sleep deprivation that comes with a newborn.  I have to say that I loved that my kids never felt like the new baby was a burden or a cramp in our "normal".  The kids are completely enamoured with Cole.  We all have a different nickname for him.  Mason calls him Baby Keeey which is a funny way that we say Baby Cole, Daddy calls him Colester, I call him baby Bean, and Avery calls him her Baby Brother.  Avery loves to kiss him and be by him.  Both kids are eager to look at him, hold him, talk to him, kiss him, and touch him.  It is really cool to see the kids so in love with their new little brother. 
Ave hanging out with, a 28 days old, Cole
29 Days Old
So little in his swing, 31 days old
 Mason really thought that the skid loader was cool.  Todd was able to borrow it from another contractor and started moving dirt.  This was great because he was able to change the way that our land handled an abundance of rain.  This will be nice because our driveway won't get washed out every time it rains. 
Avery didn't like the noise and didn't want to be outside when it was running, but she loved helping with the final touches.   
 Sleepy eyes.   Proud mommy with a month old Baby Bean
 I am always amazed at how little newborns are.  I guess I forget so easily.  It is so cute how they lack control over their little arms and legs.  He also have more skin than body on his knees and on his little arms.  He is just so little.   
 Looks so distinguished, wonder what he is thinking
Daddy talking to Colester
Mason makes sure every night that he give Baby Keeey kiss hug before bed.
Avery loves to hold Cole and asks me to put him in bed with her so she can kiss hug him.
We hold the baby a lot, but sometimes he gets to be in his swing.
August 15.  Sweet in my crib
Enjoying an ice cream treat on the deck

No comments:

Post a Comment