Saturday, September 12, 2009

All Partied Out

Renee's neighbor had invited us to their twin son's birthday party today. Renee and I took Mason and Caleb. I wondered how Mason would do with all the other kids and like most things I found myself pleasantly surprised. Mason was one of the youngest ones of the 12ish little kids there. I know that Mason is very social, but we don't have a lot of situations where we are around other little boys. It was so interesting to watch him learn social behavior and by these little kids standard. But by saying this I am not saying that Mason was a follower of the group, in fact, he pretty much did whatever he wanted and didn't seem to be playing with them, but among them. Mason likes to be with the other kids, there is no standing on the sidelines for him. He likes to be right in the middle and watch closely to see what everyone else is doing and mimics it (good and bad). Mason really did have so much fun! He climbed stairs and flew down a very tall slide about 1,000 times. Mason likes to go fast and and seems to be a little daredevil baby. He also played in the sandbox, swung, played baseball, ran, and climbed. By the end I had one little exhausted boy on my hands. Something that happened that made me VERY happy was in the middle of it all he looks at me and says, "poo, poo" we ran to the bathroom and he went pee and poop in the potty! This was AWESOME since he was in underpants. I was so so so proud of my little guy.


Mason and Caleb at the swing set. All the other kids were getting their cake and ice cream, but these 2 were more excited about playing.



All partied out!

No comments:

Post a Comment