I really wanted to do something cool for Mason and my cousin had blogged that her little girl (about Mason's age) really liked her critters, so we decided to add 2 fish to the Shepard household. It worked out good because Mason got a tank for his birthday (thanks Linda) and the fish and food were $4.12. We are looking at adding a fish to eat the food off the bottom of the tank, a frog or crab, and maybe a beta if these ones make it. He likes his fish and he is constantly watching them and talking to so it has been fun.
fish tank
Helping Dad with the compost pile
Mason dragging the pitchfork back to the garage.
Avery is really getting the hang of eating and looks so cute when she opens her little tiny mouth. Also went to Dr to 6 month appt and she is 27 inches long (90th percentile) and 17 lbs and 12 oz (85th percentile). She also had 4 shots (1 a flu shot). The next day she was sick twice, but seems to be feeling better now after some TLC, sleep, and time. She will go back in a month for the rest of her flu shot. Also no more bumper or blankets in her crib with her. She is getting too active so it is sleep sacks for Avery.
Avery gets such a kick out of Mason. He makes her laugh. She just looks at him so adoring and trusting. There is such a pure love and trust there between the two of them. It is the sweetest thing that I have ever seen and it makes me so proud and happy. They make my heart soar.
Starting to see a trend? We truly do not believe in child labor, but Mason is such a little helper and he gets upset if he can't help. He loves to do what we do and that includes emptying the diaper genies and dragging the used diapers to the garbage out through the garage. Don't worry Todd helped him.
Mason at work.
We had a huge spider in our window well. I would have liked to have found out more about what kind it was, but haven't had the time. It was literally as large as my palm. (Check out the sparkle, that is from the flash on it's eye)

We got new photos for work.
I have been busy. I went to the Dr a few weeks ago for fatigue and short term memory loss. After 2 thyroid tests came back borderline normal I was irritated to pay for the common sense diagnosis of, "You have 2 very small children, a business, a husband, and household. You need some you time and more rest." I have very recently stopped pumping for Avery and was at a weight (low end) that I haven't been in about 5 years. So, I decided that my my time would be
15 to 30 minutes on the treadmill downstairs in the mornings. The catch is that NOBODY but me is allowed downstairs while this is happening. I have been at it since Sept 1st and it is going ok. I really hate exercising, but I love the decreasing numbers on the scale.
We got a new babysitter and she takes very good care of our kids. She even cleans and cooks delicious dinners for us. I love this because when I get home we all eat and then we all get to play until the kids go to bed at 7:30.
Work has also been very busy. We got through the fair and then I had a presentation at a luncheon. I recently just finished the newsletter for Oct (Renee and I take turns). I have added another hour to my Thursday schedule and changed my Friday hours from 8-3. It is nice to get out of there early on Fri afternoon, well that is the plan. The last 2 Fridays I haven't gotten home until after 6:00 pm.
I will be able to see my sister this Thursday in Denver because we will both be at conferences and have decided to get dinner. Then I will go back up Fri after work and hang out with her until Sat morning.
My Dad will be here with our new kitchen table October 9th. I am going to make a huge turkey dinner to have my whole family sit at the table and eat!
Todd has been keeping busy also. The college is at an in between stage and he is picking up work by helping out a man with his business while he undergoes cancer treatments. This works out good for both of them because he pays the man a finders fee and the man just gives Todd all his work. Todd has had a few calls and will be busy building a large custom deck this week. Todd is also on a mission to figure out what is wrong with the dishwasher.
Wow, you have been keeping busy! As if 2 kids weren't enough! Thanks for the random update!
ReplyDeleteLove it that you have a Nanny who also fixes meals --- a great gift to Brandi!
ReplyDelete