Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mason Stories


Mason does not like me to take his picture. I am hoping this is just a phase but it has been going on for few months now. He will hide, turn his head, put something in front of his face, whatever he can do at the time. It is frustrating to me, but I try to get the pictures that I can. I imagine that someday he will be looking at his photo album and he will say, "Mom, why are there no pictures of my face when I was 2?" And I will tell him, "Well Mason, I just wasn't fast enough or sneaky enough to get them."

Just like Daddy. Every night when Todd gets home he hurries to drop the mail and his coffee cup on the counter, kiss me, and wash his hands. Then he starts to play with the kids. They love this because Dad is SO much fun. He will toss them around and tickle and chase them. Mason will run saying, "Get me Daddy" or "Slammy Time!" Avery is usually in hot pursuit as well wanting her Daddy's attention. This night Mason went into our room and got Todd's hat on. Todd will turn his hat around when he plays with the kids to get it out of the way, so here is Mason running around looking just like Daddy with his hat on backwards.
Sometimes Mason will take toys away from Avery and put them in places where she can't get them. This particular time he was putting them behind his bed so I had moved his bed away from the wall about a foot to let Avery get back there and retrieve her toys. I had went back in the kitchen to check on dinner and when I came back to check on the kids this is what I found. He had pushed his bed all the way across the room to climb up on it to get on his dresser. This way he could get to the CD player and play the song that he wanted to hear again. He loves the Miley Cyrus CD and his new favorite is song #4. After I saw this I moved his bed back and got him a little stool. This works much better for all of us.

After a particularly long trying day with my kids. I had made a statement that I am not incredibly proud of. The truth is that I have heard this statement 1,000 times by my dad and never really thought about it. I told Mason that he had better open up his ears because I was getting tired of repeating myself. In true kid fashion, Mason immediately grabbed the pinna (floppy part that sticks out on most people) and pulled it over the canal and said, "I NOT open my ears!" and as serious as my little boy was I had to laugh.
Mason has always liked to wear things on his head. Some favorites were headbands, capes, hats, towels, burp rags, hair barrettes, bows, shirts and now his pants. Todd and I wonder if he will want longer hair when he grows up.

No comments:

Post a Comment