Day 2 - Put Mason on the potty every 30 minutes. He would pee so that he could get off and go play. Missed 2 poops that happened in pull-ups. Dang!
Day 3 - Would pee on potty when put there. Never did tell me. Midday I took pants off and let him run around naked. When he would act weird I would put him on potty. Then out of the blue he ran over to the potty and went on his own! Good news and a little carrot for mommy to keep it up! Peed on the floor 2 times and pooped once. We were able to get him to the potty to finish off all three times, but running out of carpet cleaner, and Clorox wipes. Starting to wonder if I am crazy to be trying this. Biggest question is should I start budgeting for more diapers or more cleaning supplies??
Hooray for Mason! I would love to give you some advice, but the only thing I can say is just to be patient and thankful for those times you don't have to change a poopy diaper! While Kassi is not fully ready to always tell me when she needs to pee, I do enjoy the fact that I have only changed four or five poopy diapers in the last 5 months!
ReplyDeleteI've heard from other friends potty training can take a few months. Don't give up. He's doing a lot better than other kids I know. When Cooper's ready I'll be calling you for all your "magic" tricks. Good Luck!
ReplyDelete