Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Good News!

Yesterday Avery's bilirubin level was down to 14. This morning it was down to 13.8 (not much of a change, but any decline is good). Because of this we were able to take her off the lights today. This is the first time that we haven't had to worry about the lights and it was great. This also meant that I was able to dress her. We had so much fun. Little girl clothes are so cute, fun, and PINK! The plan for Avery is that we won't have her on the lights for the next few days and we go back to have blood drawn Thursday to check her levels again. We should be in the clear, but we will know for sure after this next blood draw.

Mason is being such a big boy. He loves his sister and still likes to rub her hair and kiss her. He helped his dad and grandpa Hicks install blinds in Avery's room and put together a footstool for mom. Mason also played with Todd and the neighbor kids in the dirt. I think that he had fun - he had dirt everywhere, in his shoes, coat pockets, and even in his diaper. Also the timeouts for whining are going very well. Now if he whines we say, "Are you whining?" and he stops for the most part, but sometimes we still have to go to timeout.

Today my entire household took a nap from 12 to 3 and it was awesome. This helps Todd and I so much. Tomorrow Mason and I have haircuts in the morning. Then later in the day I am taking Avery to have some photos taken. I still haven't taken both kids out at the same time and to be honest I am a little worried about how that would go. I think that in a few more days we should have our groove then we will tackle outings.

Mason likes to rub Avery's hair

Mason and Carter watching Elmo's Wild West Video
Good Looking Baby Boy
Avery after bath

Avery in bassinet

Bright Eyes

1 comment: